NDepend Users Voice

Provide a Jenkins CI plugin

Provide a Jenkins CI plugin to integrate NDepend analysis and gather NDepend code metrics from Jenkins CI.

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminPatrick Smacchia (Senior Software Engineer, NDepend) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ignacio Rigonni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Patrick, what do you mean by an "OSS Plugin"? I´m afraid I´don't know and in my company they are considering buying NDepend for build machine. So that's the reason why I am interested in to knowing how to integrate jenkins + NDpend. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        this would be a nice feature and would make NDepend even more popular. And some options could also be provided that need to be overwritten from defaluts on the developers workstation.

• AdminPatrick Smacchia (Senior Software Engineer, NDepend) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Thomas, sure through NDepend.Console.exe NDepend can hopefully be invoked by any CI tool. What we means by a plugin, is that maybe you could collect code metrics and code rules execution result and populate the Jenkins DB with these metrics values. This could be achieved through a OSS plugin based on NDepend.API.

• Thomas Piart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are alerady using NDepend+Jenkins
        Jenkins runs an MSBuild that execute NDepend command line.
        After that we use HTML Publisher plugin

Feedback and Knowledge Base