Skip to content

NDepend User Voice

Welcome to the NDepend User Voice page. Let us know what you would like to see in future versions of NDepend. This site is for suggestions and ideas. If you need to report a bug, please send us an email at support@ndepend.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks – Patrick Smacchia
NDepend Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Augmented reality for NDepend

The ndepend tool is for profound users, to make it closer to ordinary people I suggest incorporating some elements of augmented reality (like this https://jasoren.com/logistics/)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide a Code Structure Validation panel

Provide a Code Structure Validation panel where the user could define and edit the logical code structure through a graph of nodes and edges. Nodes could be then linked to code elements (by a naming system) and the code structure could then be validated at analysis time.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide dependency graph for refactoring planning

I would like to see another kind of dependency graph. It should be more like a map where dependencies flow from top to bottom or right to left. The difference is, that you can drill down from assemblies, to namespaces, to classes, to methods. All of this within one view.

For example: First I see a dependency graph containing all namespaces. When I click on namespace A, it shows me that this has dependencies to namespace B and C. Now I unwrap namespace B and see all classes and all dependencies from A to the classes, instead of the single…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Advice on splitting applications

I have come across several examples in my development career where the code has become monolithic and shared amongst multiple applications. For example, a project that I worked on recently had two websites - one for internal admin and one for external and the code is not well-segmented into different assemblies.

It would be nice to be able to select two application projects and get an output for items used separately and shared. You can do this by querying but a simple method would be useful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Code clone hunting

The idea is to add a major feature of code clones hunting. We have ideas of original, fast yet effective algorithms. Is it something you'd like to have in the context of NDepend?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base