NDepend Users Voice

Ability to analyze NuGet packages

There are currently project types for analyzing a project/solution and for analyzing a folder full of assemblies.

Much of my work lately has been in creating smaller, standalone "framework" sorts of packages on an internal NuGet feed that different applications can consume. There isn't "a master project" that has all of these packages working together; instead it's different combinations of the packages.

I'd like to be able to analyze all of these packages in a single report without having to either manually download them all or create a "fake" project just for the sake of referencing them.

One way to do this might be to allow analysis on a packages.config file. Add the packages you want to the file, specify a target framework, and have NDepend download the packages (and dependencies) and basically run the same process as "analyze a folder full of assemblies."

I think this will be even more interesting as DNX and the new project structure picks up momentum - everything becomes NuGet package references rather than direct project or assembly references.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)